In the past those visiting crappy theatre shows such as Billy Elliot & Wicked in Pimlico would be doubly disappointed once they found out that not only had they seen bad theatre, they would also have to travel quite a bit in order to find a decent bite to eat. Well we’re glad to report that at least from now on the theatre going public have an excellent option in the area when it comes to food.
Tozi is a new Italian tapas restaurant that opened its doors to the public. We ‘d heard some good things about their cooking and were keen to find out what the fuzz was about. The interior is clean and modern and we were surprised at how big the restaurant is.
When we visited Tozi we tried the following dishes:
- Burrata, heritage tomatoes, basil (8/10)
- Breasola (7.5/10)
- Zucchini (8/10)
- Avocado, Parmesan, radish, baby gem, olive oil (8/10)
- Calamari, Amalfi lemon (8/10)
- Fritto misto, red prawns, squid, crab, sardines (8/10)
- Buffalo ricotta ravioli, black truffle (8.5/10)
- Swordfish, caponata, basil and garlic (8/10)
- Ox cheeks, wild mushroom, jus (7.5/10)
- Pork Belly (8/10)
- Affogato (8/10)
The total bill at Tozi came to £105 (including service charge, bottle of water and 3 juices).
Food rating for Tozi: 8/10
Service rating for Tozi: 8/10
Overall rating for Tozi: 8/10
(Overall rating is based on personal taste, opinion of the ambiance and price)